Slendertone Flex Belt Review
Same Product, different names... FDA Approved Ab Belt System
The Slendertone Ab Belt System, a.k.a. the Flex Belt, is a unique device that has been cleared by the FDA for toning and strengthening ab muscles using electro muscle stimulations. The Slendertone Ab Belt System was clinically tested and has different belt types available for both men and women. The clinical study were conducted by Dr. John Porcari at University of Wisconsin in 2004. There are no harmful side effects known or associated with electro muscle stimulations (EMS).Slendertone Flex Belt Pros and Cons to Consider
Pros to Consider
- Slendertone ab belt is discreet.
- Proven to build stronger ab muscles.
- Results typically seen in 8 weeks (according to company website)
- 60 day money back guarantee.
- Accessories are included with purchase (travel case, charger, and quick start guides).
- Not everyone is able to benefit from electro muscle stimulation. For some of our readers, electronic muscle stimulation simply is not enough. Those with a relatively high body mass index will have to use the tone belt in conjunction with a healthy diet and moderate exercise to truly benefit from the Slendertone Ab Belt System. If used properly, the ab belt should show results.
- FDA approval of the device is only for the safety of the device. Approval is not a guarantee that the product does what is advertised.
The Flex Belt works by stimulating nerves around the stomach muscles using EMS (Electro Muscle Stimulation). This stimulation causes the abdominal muscles to contract creating a similar effect and feeling of doing crunches. The Slendertone Ab Belt System is adjustable so you can increase the amount of stimulation over time to create stronger tummy muscles. The Slendertone Ab Belt website recommends using the product for 30 minutes a day (5 times a week) but the usage schedule can be adjusted to meet your fitness needs. This product is similar to the contour ab belt and abtronic belt but has a slightly higher customer satisfaction rate.
During the time of our review, the belt costs $199.00. Gel pads last roughly 30 sessions and some gel pads do come with the order. However, additional gel pads are $14.99 a set and will be required for prolonged use.
The Slendertone Flex Belt can be an amazing tool to enhance your abs and strengthen your core. Many of our readers appreciated the 60 day money back guarantee to see how the belt can improve their overall fitness. If you would like to take advantage of this trial, please visit this link.