Dash Diet Plan Review
Dash Diet Meal Plans
Dash Diet Plan Review :: Overview
The DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, but DASH diet is far easier to say and remember. The diet was originally devised as a way to help patients with hypertension control their blood pressure through their diets. The National Institute for health played a part in developing it and a book describing how to follow the diet was written by Marla Heller. The diet will reduce high blood pressure naturally. This means that patients with mild to moderate hypertension may avoid the need for drugs, and patients with very high blood pressure can reduce their reliance on drugs.
Dash Diet Plan Review :: Pros and Cons to Consider
- Recommended by numerous professionals and institutes
- No weighing or measuring needed
- Hunger not generally a problem
- Menus and recipes are included in the DASH diet menu plan, as well as advice on shopping
- Easy to personalize once basics are understood
- Will lower blood pressure inside two weeks, and also improve cholesterol and diabetes
- Difficult to implement at first for some people
- This is not a weight loss plan, although overweight people will probably lose weight on it
How Does the Dash Diet Plan Work?
The Dash Diet is designed as a lifelong eating plan for good health. It is essentially a low fat diet, including plenty of fruit and vegetables. Each day the dieter is allowed
- 6-12 servings grains (preferably wholegrain)
- 4-6 servings of fruit
- 4-6 servings of vegetables
- 2-4 servings specified fats daily
- 1-2 servings of lean protein daily
- 3-6 servings nuts and seeds per week
You can also have a few sweet treats whilst on the diet. The number of servings of each is defined according to sex and weight goals. The diet is not designed for weight loss but directions are provided on how to limit calories and to lose weight.
The writers advise supplementing the DASH diet with exercise.
Dash Diet Plan Review :: Conclusion
The DASH diet is a very effective tool to improve your health, particularly in the areas of heart health, diabetes and cholesterol control. It is not designed for weight loss but weight loss is likely if you are overweight and start on this diet. Advice is given in the book on how to boost the weight loss potential of this diet. Use the following link to purchase your copy of the Dash Diet Plan.
Other Resources Related to the Dash Diet Plan:
Lowering Your Blood Pressure with Dash
The Dash diet for Hypertension
Eat to Beat High Blood Pressure